Storyboarding with Photoshop: Ian Abando's Layer Comps Tips (video tutorial)


There is not a lot to say about Ian Abando's Layer Comps Tutorial video below, by which I mean that it's pretty much self explanatory. For me this is one of the essential videos on the technical side of storyboarding. Throughout the years I have shared this video with so many of my friends working in illustration and animation. 

I use pretty much the same setup as Ian in this video and I have set the same shortcuts he describes. It makes it real easy and smooth for me to browse through my sequences. The only thing I would add is that if you do camera moves and need to move the background, you will have to duplicate the background layer before you move it, otherwise you will be moving the background in your original panel as well. (I believe this can be avoided by using an animation timeline but I never really did that and duplicating the layer works just fine for me) The same applies for any layers you want to move within a shot.