Brave Storyboards (and also some panels from MU) by Louis Gonzales






































A more or less random series of Brave storyboard panels by Louis Gonzales. Louis Gonzales started out in animation as a lay-out artist and his boards are usually very cinematic. (Which is something I really like and am trying to get better in myself) I have seen some of his work, in some of the art of books and hanging on the walls at Pixar when I visited there in 2015.

But there isn't too much of his work out there and I am always on the look-out for more of his boards. Today I discovered that he has a new tumblr where he has posted a whole load of boards! He was on tumblr before, with a blog focused on his gesture sketches, I'm not sure if that bog is still active or if he deleted it. I hope he'll be posting more here than he did there. (I think he might have already)

This is some really awesome stuff, check out the Tumblr: mrlousworld.tumblr.com

He also shared a few random panels from Monsters University, which is a film I love very much. (I didn't expect to like it, but it has turned into one of my favorite Pixar films. Sort of the opposite of Brave which I wanted to love very much but in the end it didn't really work for me.) Anyway, I share those here to because I like these panels so much.  They are rough and loose. (Lot of energy in 'em. And also that awesome cinematic staging that he is so good at!)